St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
19th April 2018
Welcome back to the first half of the summer term – hopefully we will actually see the sun over the coming weeks! The weather this week is due to be very warm as we move towards the weekend, please make sure your child has a water bottle in school each day, they may also need a sun hat and sun cream. We would ask that you apply long lasting sun cream before they come to school in the morning, as we know from experience the mess that ensues when children try to apply their own!
Already another busy term has started at St James – please keep an eye on the newsletter and website for diary dates, we do try to keep these as up to date as possible.
Don’t forget Ghillie Dhu (BLUE) have an out of uniform day this Friday as they won the merit group challenge last term.
Well done to the four girls, Millie, Beau, Isabelle and Gaby, who represented St James at the swimming gala on Wednesday.
Thank you to Mrs Kevlin for supervising this event.
April’s Collective Worship value is INTEGRITY. We will be exploring the meaning of this through stories and discussions in Collective Worship this month.
Hoodies are available to purchase from the school office. These can be worn for PE lessons, break or lunchtimes and for sporting events. They do not replace school jumpers and are not worn on the classroom.
Roald Dahl class enjoyed a fantastic trip to Wantage Museum yesterday in an exciting start to their Stone Age topic. Never having been before, I was impressed with the number of artefacts that were available for the children to look at and handle, what a brilliant resource to have on our doorstep. We all learnt something new and it was lovely to have the Museum staff comment on the knowledge, understanding and behaviour of the children from St James. It was a pleasure to accompany Roald Dahl class on this trip.
- Thursday 19th April – Yr6 Junior Citizen trip
- Friday 20th April – Yr 5/6 Boys football Out of uniform day for Ghillie Dhu
- Tuesday 24th April – Mini Speaks
- Thursday 26th April – Dance Festival (KS2)
- Friday 27th April – Music Assembly 9.10am
- Tuesday 1st May – Year 3/4 mini red tennis
- Wednesday 9th May – Year 5/6 tennis
- Week Beginning – 14th May Year 6 SATs
- Friday 18th May – Rounders competition
- Thursday 24th May – Class Photos
- Friday 25th May – End of term 5
- Monday 4th June – Start of term 6
- Tuesday 19th June – Whole School Trip – Hill End
- Friday 29th June – Sports Morning and picnic lunch (parents welcome)
- Thursday 5th July – Transfer day
- Friday 13th July – Reports to parents
- Thursday 19th July – Year 5/6 production matinee and evening performance
- Monday 23rd July – Leavers Service 2.15 in church
- Wednesday 25th July – End of term 12.15pm