Thank you to everyone who helped with the Harvest Festival Service in church last week. There was an incredible turn out of parents and carers and an amazing display of food donated. This has been collected by the Wantage and Grove Food Bank to help those in need in our community.
Tag Rugby – A group of children from St James took part in the inter school tag-rugby competition yesterday. Everyone played well and there were some amazing trys scored over the course of the afternoon. Despite our best efforts we were knocked out in the group stages. Well done to Charlie, Ben, Ralph, Finlay T, Toby, Will, Beau, Charlotte, Amelia and Mia, who all played their hardest and definitely showed our value of determination throughout the competition. They looked resplendent in the new kit donated by Mr and Mrs Aram.
Please do not drive your car on to the playground at drop off and pick up time. There are often children moving around this area and we want to ensure that everyone using the school site stays safe. I know that this morning there was an incident where the bin lorry backed on to the playground, this was not a scheduled pick up and we have been in contact with Grundon to ensure it does not happen again.
We are having an increasing number of children who do not have their PE kits in school on the correct days. Please send your child’s PE kit into school on a Monday and then take it home for washing on a Friday. PE kits should include: T-shirt, shorts, trackies or leggings and a sweatshirt as the weather gets colder. If your child wears tights to school please make sure they have socks in their bag too and a hair band. Jo Jo bows are not appropriate for PE, or indeed anytime in school. They are too big and we have had incidents of them becoming caught in bushes and trees and getting broken.
Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to help at Forest School. Without you these sessions couldn’t run and the children would miss out on this opportunity.
Half-Term Childcare Karibuni is open at the school during half term from Friday 20 October to Friday 27 October. (But not Monday 30 October) Sessions run from 8.30am-12.30pm, 12-5pm, or 8.30am-5pm and cost £16, £20 or £32. A hot lunch is included, as are healthy morning and afternoon snacks. To book contact Ruth on 07948 293034 or firstname.lastname@example.org or call in to Karibuni in the school hall before or after school.
- Tuesday 17th October – KS 2 Inter Merit Group Football
- Tuesday 17th October – Cycle Training Test
- Wednesday 18th October – School disco 6.30 – 8.00pm
- Thursday 19th October – Inter Merit Group Afternoon – Diwali. End of Term 1
- Tuesday 31st October – Start of Term 2
- Thursday 2nd November – Helping your child with Maths evening 6.00 – 7.00pm
- Thursday 9th November – Open Maths Lesson. Join your child’s class for part of a maths lesson to see how we teach this subject.
- Week beginning 11 December – Yr 6 residential Yenworthy
- Monday 18th December – Foundation Stage and Year 1 nativity
- Monday 18th December – Christingle Service in Church – 6.00pm
- Tuesday 19th December – End of term 2 12.15pm