As we come to the end of week two and the summer holiday seems so far away, I would like to congratulate the children on such a positive start to the term. Everyone has come back ready to learn and keen to get involved with their new classes and topics.
I am delighted to be able to tell you that we have again achieved the GOLD School Games Mark. This is a government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. It is a recognition of all the hard work that has gone into school sports and games over the course of the year. Thank you to everyone who has helped, whether you have transported children to events, run clubs, donated equipment or even washed the kit, we would not have achieved this without everyone working together.
What an amazing day on Tuesday when we took the majority of the school to the Tate Modern. Despite a long coach journey both ways, the day was a huge success and the children got so much out of the experience. We had several members of the public commenting on the impressive behaviour of the children and on how focused they were on the task given to them.
We had lots of adult helpers and I would like to say thank you to all those who gave up a day to come with us. Without this level of support we would have been unable to have the high adult child ratio that we did – no child was in a group of more than 4. This led to a brilliant day and fantastic learning experience for all involved.
Thank you to Mrs Quinton who spent so much time organising this brilliant opportunity for our pupils.
The new behaviour procedure is working well and we have seen a marked reduction in low level disruption, which will in turn impact on learning and achievement. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to let me know your thoughts.
Well done to Maisie, Josh and James who have all been ‘Extreme Reading’ and sent photos for our display. We look forward to receiving many more.
- Friday 15th September – Second Hand Uniform Sale (before and after school)
- Friday 22nd September – Non Uniform Day in exchange for tombola prizes for Michalemas Fayre
- Friday 22nd September – Cross Country at Wantage Park – Years 3,4,5 and 6
- Tuesday 26th September – Individual photos
- Wednesday 27th September – KAs Open Morning
- Thursday 28th September – Hanney Chapel visit
- Tuesday 3rd October – Harvest Festival 2.30pm in Church
- Monday 9th October – Year 5/6 Tag Rugby
- Tuesday 17th October – KS 2 Inter Merit Group Football
- Tuesday 17th October – Cycle Training Test
- Thursday 19th October – Inter Merit Group Afternoon – Diwali. End of Term 1
- Tuesday 31st October – Start of Term 2
- Thursday 2nd November – Helping your child with Maths evening 6.00 – 7.00pm
- Thursday 9th November – Open Maths Lesson. Join your child’s class for part of a maths lesson to see how we teach this subject.