St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
20th February 2017
Welcome back to the second half of the Spring Term.
We have lots of activities planned for this term which includes Science Week, Book Week and Parent Teacher Interviews. We will endeavour to keep the website as up to date as possible so that you can be sure not to miss anything!
Our Core Value this Term is still TRUST.
Our Collective Worship value for February is RESPONSIBILITY.
A huge thank you to the parents who gave up their Tuesday afternoons to help with the cycle training programme. These parents are now fully trained and able to offer this programme again in the summer term. Well done to the children in year 6 who passed the test. There will be another opportunity later in the year if your child is in year 6 and would like to take this opportunity to gain skills and safety knowledge about cycling on the roads.
This week sees more team2 from St James taking part in school games events. A team of year 3 and 4 children are taking part in a football competition on Wednesday and two teams of year 4,5,6 children are taking part in the Hi5 event on Friday. Good Luck to all competitors.
We are currently collecting Active Kids vouchers that are being handed out by Sainsburys Supermarkets. Please put any vouchers you collect in the box in the entrance hall. Our School Sports Council will count the vouchers and decide how they would like to spend them.
Come and find out about Big Maths – What is it? What’s different about it? How will it help your child? How can you support your child? All your questions answered in one quick session on Tuesday 28th February at 6.00pm. If you have children who need to be supervised whilst you attend, bring them too and we will set up a supervised classroom.
- Wednesday 22nd February – Year 3/4 Football
- Friday 24th February – Hi 5 Netball competition at KAs. Out of Uniform day Phoenix and Griffin
- Week beginning 27th February – Parent Teacher Interviews
- Tuesday 28th February – Big Maths Evening 6.00pm
- Wednesday 1st March – Author visit. Mini Grey visiting school
- Thursday 2nd March – Yr 3/4 Badminton
- Week beginning 13th March – Science Week
- Tuesday 14th March – Year 5/6 trip to RAL. Writing evening.
- Friday 17th March – Out of Uniform Day Please bring something for the Easter Egg Raffle
- Friday 24th March – Bags to School. Red Nose Day
- Monday 27th March – VAT Concert – Rowling Class
- Tuesday 28th March – Key Steps Gymnastics competition
- Friday 31st March – Easter Egg Raffle. Term ends 1.15pm
- Tuesday 18th April – Term 4 begins
- Monday 24th April – Inkpen and Rosen Class trip to Wittenham Clumps