St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
24th May 2017
This Friday marks the end of another busy term at St James. As the weather becomes warmer I would like to remind everyone of the need to send your child into school with a water bottle and sun hat. Please apply sun cream before children arrive in school rather than sending it in with them!
Last Thursday saw two teams from St James competing in the Kwik cricket competitions at Challow Cricket Club. After torrential rain the day before it was lovely to see the sun shine on us for most of the day. Both the girls and the boys teams played brilliantly and both teams were runners up in their groups, this meant they went through to the third/fourth place play off, against Stanford in both cases. Despite battling hard both teams were beaten into fourth place. It was a pleasure to accompany both teams to the competition and to be a part of their successes on the day. Their team spirit and perseverance were commendable.
The Friends of St James are busy planning the Summer Fayre. Please keep Saturday 17th June free to come along and support them in their effort to raise funds that enable us to give your children exciting opportunities in school.
If your child goes to Forest School you will be aware that we ask for all participants to wear long sleeves and long legged trousers/leggings IN ALL WEATHERS. As the weather gets warmer, it may be tempting to send your child with short sleeves or shorts. Please DO NOT do this.
Long sleeves and long trouser protect children from bites, stings and ticks. If a child is not appropriately dressed and we can not supply them with appropriate clothing they will not be allowed to go to forest school.
This is for the children’s safety and well being.
Half-Term Childcare: Karibuni is open at the school from Tue-Fri of the coming half term if you need childcare. Email Ruth if you want to book firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday 24th May – Year 3/4 Quad Kids
- Thursday 25th May – Year 5/6 Quad Kids
- Friday 26th May – End of term. Class photos Pre school cake sale
- Monday 5th June – Start of term
- Tuesday 13th June – Tri Golf Yr3/4
- Wednesday 14th June – Sports Awards Evening
- Saturday 17th June – Summer Fete
- Monday 26th June – Sports Morning
- Tuesday 27th June – Phonics Evening
- Wednesday 28th June – Whole School Trip to Hill End. Rowling Class to stay overnight
- Wednesday 5th July – Art Day
- Thursday 6th July – Transfer Morning
- Friday 7th July – Girls Football
- Tuesday 11th July – Cycle test
- Thursday 13th July – Tennis Festival (am) Leavers Service in Church 2.00pm
- Friday 14th July – Reports home to parents
- Tuesday 18th July – Yr 6 Performance (2.00pm and 6.00pm)
- Thursday 20th July – Open Morning and Family picnic
- Friday 21st July – End of Term 12.15