Thank you for all your kind words and offers of support over the past few days. Closing the school is always a last resort, but the safety of the children is of paramount importance. We look forward to the roof being repaired shortly.
A group of 25 children from St James took part in the inter school cross country run on Friday. It is a long and tiring course, beginning with quite a long hill that has previously caught out some of our runners. Everyone competed brilliantly and it was lovely to see so many different children having a go at this tough event., Our year 3/4 girls came 5th out of 11 teams, the boys were 10th out of 12 teams and in in year 5/6 the girls were 7th out of 15 teams and the boys 8th out of 15 teams. The perseverance and determination that all of the children showed was fantastic to see. Everyone worked as a team and it was a pleasure to accompany them. I would like to say well done to everyone who took part and completed the course. A special mention to our top 10 finishers Naomi – 3rd, Abby – 10th in the year 3/4 race and Charlotte – 7th in the 5/6 race.
Drop Off and Pick Up.
Please park at the village hall when dropping off or picking up your children. This will help to reduce congestion outside school and keep all of our children safe.
Hanney Youth Club is starting again this Sunday – Year 6 children are warmly invited from 6.30pm in the village hall. Do go along and join in the fun.
Please make sure you vote in the on going Parent Governor Election. You should all have received either an email or hard copy about this. Votes need to be registered by 4.00pm on Monday 9th October.
Half-Term Childcare Karibuni is open at the school during half term from Friday 20 October to Friday 27 October. (But not Monday 30 October) Sessions run from 8.30am-12.30pm, 12-5pm, or 8.30am-5pm and cost £16, £20 or £32. A hot lunch is included, as are healthy morning and afternoon snacks. To book contact Ruth on 07948 293034 or email@example.com or call in to Karibuni in the school hall before or after school.
HEADLICE ARE BACK IN SCHOOL. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD’S HAIR IS TIED BACK AND YOU TREAT ALL THE FAMILY IF YOU DISCOVER ANY.
- Thursday 28th September – Hanney Chapel visit
- Tuesday 3rd October – Harvest Festival 2.30pm in Church
- Friday 6th October – Year 5 trip to RAL
- Monday 9th October – Year 5/6 Tag Rugby
- Tuesday 17th October – KS 2 Inter Merit Group Football
- Tuesday 17th October – Cycle Training Test
- Thursday 19th October – Inter Merit Group Afternoon – Diwali. End of Term 1
- Tuesday 31st October – Start of Term 2
- Thursday 2nd November – Helping your child with Maths evening 6.00 – 7.00pm
- Thursday 9th November – Open Maths Lesson. Join your child’s class for part of a maths lesson to see how we teach this subject.