St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
5th January 2018
Happy New Year to you all. I hope everyone had a restful Christmas and a peaceful break. As is always the way at school, term has quickly got underway and we have lots of exciting activities planned for all the children. You should be receiving letters from class teachers today outlining plans for the term.
Although it seems like a very long time ago I would like to say thank you to everyone who joined us for our Christingle Service in Church at the end of term. It was lovely to see so many families sitting together and enjoying this magical time of year.
Also thank you to everyone who came to watch the Nativity play on the last day of term. Well done to all the children and staff involved for a truly memorable performance.
We have several new members of staff in school this term. I would like to welcome Mrs Wiles (yr2), Miss Peters (yr5), Mrs Norriss (yr5) and Nicky (lunchtime supervisor). I’m sure they will very quickly feel a part of the St James family.
If your child is unwell please let the office know by 8.30 on the first morning of illness; you can either ring or email.
Some clubs start next week, but please look at the club list that will be coming home with your child today to be sure when each club begins.
Break time snack. We do have some fruit in school for KS1 to access throughout the day and for a break time snack. However, many children need something to eat mid-morning and we would encourage you to make sure that your child brings a healthy snack to school.
We regularly have lunch boxes left in school, sometimes just overnight, but often for much longer! Please remind your child to take their lunch box home each day!
- Thursday 4th January – Start of Term 3
- Wednesday 10th January – Meet the Teacher yr 5 3.20pm
- Thursday 18th January – Dance festival Wantage Leisure Centre
- Friday 26th January – Yr3/4 Football Millbrook
- Friday 26th January – Australia Day
- Wednesday 31st January – Yr2 Open Afternoon
- Thursday 1st February – Yr5/6 Sports Hall Athletics
- Week Beginning 5th February – Book Fair in School
- Tuesday 6th February – Safer Internet Afternoon
- Thursday 8th February – Roald Dahl Class Assembly and art gallery – 2.45pm
- Thursday 8th February – Keeping your child safe online presentation 3.20pm
- Thursday 8th February – Yr6 Viking Day
- Friday 9th February – Stay and Play Inkpen Class
- Friday 9th February – end of term 3
- Tuesday 20th February – Start of term 4
- Week beginning 5th March – Parent teacher Interviews