Parents automatically become members of the Friends of St James as soon as their child joins the school.
If you would like to be part of the Friends of St James (formerly School Association Committee) – helping to organise fundraising events and have a vote on how the money is spent, then please speak to Monica or another member of the committee (see below) to find out more. It’s a great way to meet other parents and be involved in the life of our school. We hold one meeting per term and aim to raise between £2,500 – £3,000 a year to fund the great experiences that our children have available to them.
Just a reminder, the next ‘Friends of St James’ Meeting is on:
TBC, 8pm at The Black Horse, East Hanney. All welcome.
Please put these 2016 dates in your diary:
- School DISCO – 20th October, 6.30pm – 8pm
- Non Unifrom Day – Friday 25th Nov
- Christmas Bazaar – 26th November
Our next Bag2School collection will be announced soon… start saving your clothes to help us raise record funds for school
This is a great way to raise funds for the school by getting rid of unwanted clothes, shoes etc – click here for a detailed list of what you can bag up.
On the day… Bring your bags to school (by 9am) or leave them at the village hall car park and SAC will ensure the bags get into school. We can store bags in the shed if you want to get rid of them before this. Please see someone from SAC.
Monica Bullen (Chair), Clare Wilkinson (Treasurer), Katherine, Georgia, Annabel, Miri, Philippa, Hayley, Becci, Sarah – Friends of St James Committee
- October’s school DISCO made a profit £230.11
- Bag2School have confirmed that our donation of 240 Kilos made us a profit of £96.00.
- School and Pre-school Summer Fete – July 2015 raised a fantastic £3663 – a huge thank you to everyone who helped make this a great success and to our event sponsors, Hodsons and Slade Legal.
- The Polar Express – Christmas Bazaar – at the end of November raised £1,300 – (£1,000.00 will go to SAC and £300.00 to Hanney Pre-school)
- Bags2School October 2014 raised £144 – thank you to all who brought bags into school.
- October’s DISCO raised £97
Here are some of the things that SAC fundraising has helped support since September 2016:
- Roald Dahl Class – Ronald Dahl Museum
- Rowling Class – Harry Potter Tour of Oxford
- Inkpen and Rosen Class – Story Museum
- Shakespeare Class – London
- The Residential for Year 6
- The Committee have agreed to fund the transport for the school cinema trip
Here are the kinds of events that we currently hold to raise money for the school:
- School Disco – October
- Bag to School – October
- Christmas Bazaar
- Serve refreshments for Christmas Productions in School
- School Disco – February
- Bag to School – April
- Easter Egg Raffle
- Summer Fete
We welcome new members to the committee so please come along and support our School – or if you have other fundraising ideas we would love to hear them
Friends of St James