All primary, secondary and special schools, are accountable to their governing bodies, which in turn are accountable to parents and the community. Not only do governors bring their own knowledge and skills to the role, but can also learn how our school is run. The role of a school governor is, a serious undertaking and also enormously rewarding.
Please get in touch if you feel this is an area of the school where you would like to be involved.
- Mrs Janice Peacock – Head Teacher (By virtue of position held)
- Catherine Tysoe – Chair – Foundation (Diocese appoints)
- VACANCY – VAT Director Appointed
- Gillian Thomson – VAT Director Appointed
- Katherine Hodson – VAT Director Appointed
- Miriam Brundrett – Parent (Parents elect)
- Laura Quinton Maryon – Staff (Staff elects)
- Kevin McNamara – Parent (Parents elect)
- John Durant – Diocese appoints
- Diane Ewart – (GB appoints) Associate, Not permitted to vote
- Pamela Allum – Clerk
To read our Governing body’s register of Business Interests, please click on the following link – St James LGB – Register of Interests 2017- 2018
Vale Academy Trust – Terms of Reference and St James VAT Scheme of Delegation to Local Governing Bodies
Governors are elected to serve for a period of four years. Any parent having a child in school is eligible for nomination as a Parent Governor.
The Governors meet at least once a term and are assigned responsibilities which form the focus for their regular visits to school. During these visits they meet with the staff and children and observe lessons or events as part of their role as ‘critical friend’.