St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
25th November 2016
Harry Potter Christmas Fayre.
The School Association have been working really hard in preparation for the Christmas Fayre tomorrow.
There are lots of exciting attractions planned – from Santa to Hagrid, from a Marauders Map to Potions Classes. Do please come along and support this event. The more money we make, the more exciting and amazing events we can put on for your children.
Thank you to Ron Walters, our local electrician, for kindly donating the Christmas tree.
I look forward to seeing lots of you tomorrow 12am – 2.30pm.
I would like to remind everyone that school starts at 8.50 when the bell goes. We are going to begin doing wake up shake up at 8.45 and the children will come into school at 8.50am. Please do get your children to school on time, we have had an increasing number of children who are late to school and are therefore, missing the beginning of the day. Any child arriving after 9.00 is marked as late and any child arriving after register close at 9.20 is marked as an unauthorised absence.
Planning permission has been granted for our 4 new classrooms, a MUGA (multi use games area) and redeveloped car park. Hopefully the contractors will be on site next term and the rooms will be ready for September 2017.
We have had an amazing response to the Christmas Card fundraiser. Altogether we have raised over £120. Thank you
Our collective worship value for December is CARING.
Mrs Smith (Richard’s mum in year 6) has agreed to train to be a cycle training instructor. This means that we can run cycle training for children in year 6, if we get another volunteer to support her. If you are able to help on Tuesday afternoons in January, please let us know.
- Friday 25th November – Out of uniform day. Please bring an item for the chocolate tombola and a bottle.
- Saturday 26th November – Christmas Fayre
- Monday 28th November – Year 5/6 Swimming Gala
- Friday 9th December – Music Assembly 9.00am
- Thursday 15th December – Christmas Service in Church 6.00pm
- Friday 16th December – Christmas Jumper Day. School Christmas Lunch
- Tuesday 20th December – Inkpen and Rosen class Nativity play
- Tuesday 20th December – End of term 12.15pm
- Wednesday 4th January 2017 – Start of Spring term
- Wednesday 25th January – Music Workshop 11-11.30
- Wednesday 25th January – Year 5/6 Indoor Athletics
- Friday 27th January – Cake Sale 3.20pm