- NEW!!! Phonics for Parents: Phonics at St James leaflet for parents Phonics for parents workshop Please take a look at the powerpoint delivered at the workshop as well as the information leaflet for parents.
- NEW!!! Letters and Sounds Program overview: Phonics overview
- Early Childhood Articles – This is where you will find interesting articles related to Early Childhood
- Supporting your Child Start School
- School Readiness – Steps to Starting School
Play Today November 2016
- Helping your Child with Socialisation
- Inkpen Welcome Pack – General information about our class for parents (This is given out as hard copy during the parent transition meeting in July).
- Early Years Curriculum (the file below requires Power Point or an equivalent – please let me know if you would like the presentation as a hard copy)
- Characteristics of Effective Learning -During your child’s time in reception class we will be looking out for not just ‘what’ your child learns but ‘how’ they learn too. In other words they will be looking for the process and not just the outcome. This is referrred to as the ‘Characteristics of Learning.’ A child’s individual learning characteristics will determine the way they respond to both teaching and learning taking place in the environment. There are three characteristics of effective teaching and learning identified by the Early Years Foundation Stage:
playing and exploring-children investigate and experience things, and ‘have a go’
active learning-children concentrate and keep on trying if they encounter difficulties, and enjoy achievements
creating and thinking critically-children have and develop their own ideas, make links between ideas and develop strategies for doing things
Click here to learn more about these characteristics.
- Early Years Key Worker Policy – Key Person Policy
- Literacy – This section offers information and web links to help you support your child with literacy at hom
National LIteracy Trust Book List
Oxford Reading Tree
Sounds of the English Phonic Code
- Top tips to help your child read
story-sacks – Reading with your child is even more fun with Story Sacks. Click on the link at the front of this line to find out more.
- Numeracy – This section offers information to help you support your child with numeracy at home
- Ofsted – If you would like to tell Ofsted about our setting you will find the details you need on this poster: Posterforparents.
These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by St James CE School of any of the products, services or opinions. St James CE School bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Please contact us if a link fails to work or takes you to a site that you would not expect.