Welcome to Inkpen Class – Reception
Class Teacher: Miss Davies
TA: Mrs Yorkshades, Ms Bolton and Mrs Smith
Welcome to Inkpen Class!
This term we are getting stuck into our learning and looking forward to all the adventures this term will include. Our topic is ‘I wonder what’s in the sea’. Please see our newsletter for this term: Parent curriculum newsletter- Spring Term 1 and our topic web here: topic web
You can have a look at our whole year curriculum plan here: Curriculum Overview Inkpen Class
– Your child may be entitled to extra funding at school if you receive certain benefits or your child is adopted or in care. Please message us if you think this is the case.
– Our ‘Welcome to Early Years at St James’ handbook contains all the information you need for daily life at school, please do have a look! Pack – St James Early Years Handbook 2021-22
– There is a new curriculum for EYFS in 2021. Please have a look through this presentation to familiarise yourself: EYFS Curriculum – for parents and carers.
– We are running the Reception Baseline Assessment in our Autumn term. To find out more information, please see here: 2021_Information_for_parents_reception_baseline_assessment
– We use Rocket Phonics to teach reading and writing at St James. Please familiarise yourself with phonics and how to support your child’s learning here: Learning to read and write in the EYFS
– Please have a look at appropriate clothing you will need at school through the seasons:
Summer and Winter kit list
Staying in touch
– Log on to Tapestry to share your child’s learning at home and see some of what they have done in school. Please do get in touch if you have not yet received a log in.
– Our main channel of communication with parents and carers is Class Dojo. We would recommend downloading it as an app on your phone so you don’t miss any important updates! It’s an easy way to get in touch with your class teacher.
Any website links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by St James CE School of any of the products, services or opinions. St James CE School bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Please contact us if a link fails to work or takes you to a site that you would not expect.