St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
11th October 2018
We have had a very busy few weeks as usual at St James. The first of the years inter school sporting events took place on Friday 28th September. A group of 20 children went to Wantage Park to represent the school in the Cross Country event.
Mrs Yorkshades accompanied the children and was impressed with the grit and determination of all of our runners. There were 15 teams there and our teams were placed 6th in both year 5/6 events and the yr 3/4 boys race, and 5th in the yr 3/4 girls race.
A massive well done to all the runners, but especially to Naomi who came second in the yr3/4 girls race and went on to represent St James in the Vale Final on Wednesday at Buscot Park, where she came 8th out of 65 runners. Well done Naomi, definitely a name to watch for the future!
The NSPCC returned to school this week to conduct a thank you assembly after the sponsored run a few weeks ago. Altogether the school raised £740 to support the amazing work of the NSPCC – thank you to everyone who sponsored a child for this event.
Thank you to all the parents and carers who came to church to help us to celebrate Harvest Festival. As you can see from the photo the donations were superb and we will be donating them to the local food bank to help support local people who are in need.
Half Term CHILDCARE Are you are still looking for childcare during the half term? Karibuni, is open in the holidays all week and on the Inset day on 30 October. We provide childcare with a family feel for children aged 3-11 where everybody is made to feel welcome. We were recently rated good in our first OFSTED inspection. 8.30am-5pm £32, 8.30am-12.30pm £16, 12pm-5pm £20, extended hours possible. To find out more see facebook.com/karibuni.cc or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07948293034 and talk to Ruth Haynes.
We have head lice in school again. Please check your child’s hair and treat if necessary. All children with long hair should come to school with it tied up. If a child does not have their hair tied up we will provide them with a band in order to do this.
- Thursday 11th October – KA’s Open Evening West Site 4.30 – 8.00pm
- Friday 12th October – Autumn Disco
- Wednesday 17th October – Parents Story Telling Roald Dahl Class 3.15pm
- Wednesday 17th October – Nichols Class Art Gallery
- Thursday 18th October – Fab Finish Science Fayre Rowling Class 3.00pm
- Friday 19th October – Class Photos
- Friday 19th October – End of Term 1
- Wednesday 31st October – Start of term 2
- Week Beginning 5th November – parent teacher interviews
- Week Beginning 26th November – Yr 6 residential to Woodlands
- Thursday 13th December – Christmas Lunch
- Saturday 15th December – Friends of St James Christmas Fayre
- Thursday 20th December – Christingle Service in church 2.00pm Parents Welcome.
- Friday 21st December – End of Term 2 12.15pm