St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
12th March 2020
Congratulations to the two teams of players who took part in the Hi 5 Netball competition last week. Brilliant play and fantastic attitude by everyone involved. One of our teams were placed second overall, losing in the final by only one goal to Stanford. This means that they will go on to represent St James in the area final on Wednesday 25th March at Larkmead. Good luck.
Thank you to everyone who took part in the potato decorating competition as a part of World Book Day. There were so many brilliant entries, the display was truly amazing. Congratulations to the winners: Annabel, Lawson and Monty N.
Disco tickets still available. Please speak to the office. £5 a ticket that includes a hot dog, drink and crisps.
We recognise that over the course of a week you receive many parent mail messages from us. In a bid to reduce the number of messages you receive, but not the information, we are going to trial a new system. You will receive a bulletin from school on a Friday containing all the important dates and times for the following week. This message will be titled ‘Weekly Bulletin’, please look out for this on a Friday. Do please let us know if this is helpful.
The situation with regard to Coronavirus is constantly changing. We have updates as a school daily and are following the advice given with regard to hand washing, tissues in classrooms etc. Should there be any more information or action you need to take, we will of course keep you informed.
• Friday 13th March – School Disco
• Saturday 14th March – Tree planting (see FoSJ newsletter)
• Thursday 19th March – Mother Day Shop (See FoSJ newsletter)
• Friday 20th March – Inkpen Class sight test
• Week beginning 23rd March – Parent Teacher Interviews
• Wednesday 25th March – Hi 5 Netball Final 3.30pm
• Thursday 26th March – Rowling Class trip to Roman Baths
• Thursday 26th March – VAT Singing Festival
• Friday 27th March – Yr5/6 trip to Sheldonian Theatre
• Monday 30th March – Irock Concert
• Friday 3rd April – Easter Service in Church 11am
• Friday 3rd April – End of term 4 (12.15pm)
• Monday 20th April – Start of term 5