St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
Term 2 is now well under way and new topics and big questions are
being investigated by the children in school.
You will have received an email before half term explaining about the
Hanney Festival of Lights, and a small battery powered tea light
should also have been brought home by your child. These lights have
been provided by East Hanney Parish Council and will enable all
children to make a lantern and put it in a window at home for the
There have been a variety of activities in school this week linked to
Remembrance Day. Some of you will have seen the lovely display put
up in the hall by The Club, thank you to everyone who has
contributed to this. Your child may have come home and talked
about painting a pebble – we are in the process of making a large
poppy from painted pebbles that will be varnished and put outside
for all to see when it is finished.
After many years of discussions, I am delighted to announce that Pre-
School will be joining with St James.
Hanney Pre-school will officially cease to exist and will be known as
Donaldson Class, in line with the other classes being named after
authors. All information regarding education for children of this age will
be on our website under the Donaldson Class tab.
I look forward to welcoming the staff, parents and children of Pre-school
in to the St James family.
The new guidelines introduced by the government last week have meant a few small changes in school. The one having the most impact is that we need to limit visitors to school to those who are absolutely necessary. Sadly, this means that we can no longer offer Forest School, where we rely on parent helpers. We are all looking forwards to the end of this lockdown, when we can welcome Forest School back onto the curriculum.
Don’t forget tomorrow is Children in Need Day.
We are asking children to make a donation to break the rules.
Out of uniform/pyjamas – £1
Coloured hair – £1
Chocolate snack – 50p
Nail polish – 50p
- Friday 13th November – Children in Need Day
- Sunday 15th November – PTA Table Top Sale (CANCELLED)
- Thursday 26th November – Waddesdon Manor light trip (POSTPONED)
- Friday 4th December – Festive Film Club
- Week beginning 7th December – year 6 Outdoor activity days
- Thursday 10th December – PTA Christmas shop (Change of Date)
- Tuesday 15th December – New Block Christmas Lunch
- Wednesday 16th December – Old Block Christmas Lunch
- Friday 18th December – End of term 2 12.15pm
- Monday 4th January – INSET day
- Tuesday 5th January – Start of term 3
The menu for next week:
- Monday – Pasta Bolognaise, broccoli, homemade flap jack.
- Tuesday – Sausage, mash, peas and gravy, homemade chocolate
sponge and custard
- Wednesday – Roast chicken dinner with apple crumble and custard
Vegetarian – macaroni cheese
- Thursday – Pizza, diced potatoes and sweet corn.
Vanilla sprinkle sponge
Vegetarian – Veggie pizza
- Friday – Fish finger, chips and beans
Vegetarian – veggie sausage roll