St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
Tuesday 14th May 2019
Well done to our year 3/4 tennis players who took part in the Wantage schools competition last week. A magnificent afternoon ended with them winning the competition. The next round is this Wednesday; we wish them all the best.
Don’t forget holiday club is available during half term. Please contact Katherine on email@example.com to book your child’s place.
£35 for a full day all food included.
Please do not park on the school site when dropping off or picking up from school whether that is at The Club or at normal drop off and pick up times. Parking on site is for school staff only, and if parents pull into the car park, a hazard is created with staff waiting at the gates.
FOSJ would like to say a massive thank you for all the Mini Egg tubes that have been returned. We have raised a huge £167.56, which of course all goes directly back to the children and their school experience.
The class with the highest percent of returned tubes was Nichols Class, so they will have an extra turn on the adventure playground.
A massive thank you to Hanney WI who held a coffee morning on Saturday to help us raise funds towards the new school library. There was a ‘Design a Book Cover’ competition with winners and runners up receiving a prize. In the Under 5 category the runner up was Isla and the winner was Ruby. In the 6-8 category the runner up was Lexi and the winner was Dylan, whilst in the 9 and over group the runner up was Phoebe and the winner was Alasdair. Congratulations to everyone who took part. At the end of the morning a total of £360 was raised, which we hope to put towards a computerised system for the library.
- Week beginning 13th May – Year 6 SATs
- Tuesday 15th May – Cycle Training Starts
- Thursday 16th May – Girls Tag Rugby
- Friday 17th May – Year 6 treat
- Thursday 23rd May – Stay and Play Inkpen class
- Thursday 23rd May – Roald Dahl Class Fab finish
- Thursday 23rd May – Rosen Class Fab Finish
- Friday 24th May – Class Photos
- Friday 24th May – End of term 5
- Monday 3rd June – Start of term 6
- Friday 28th June – Sports Morning
- Wednesday 17th July – Year 4/5/6 production
- Tuesday 23rd July – Leavers Service in Church
- Wednesday 24th July – End of term 6