St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
Friday 15th February 2019
There have been times over the past three years when I didn’t believe that we would ever have our new classrooms. So to be moving into them today is the most amazing feeling. We will be working hard today and over the holiday to make sure that the new classrooms are ready for the children on Tuesday 26th February.
We will be changing the way the children come in to school after half term. Classrooms will be open from 8.45am (in the same that Inkpen has been for the last term) and children will come into the classrooms from that time.
Whilst the builders are still on site and until the gates and fences are finished to the side of the building, the children will come around the side via the Pre-school gate. A member of staff will be there from 8.45am to let them in. Children can then make their way to their classrooms – foundation stage, year 1, 2 and 3 will be in the new building and teachers will be in the classrooms to greet them. Year 4,5 and 6 will enter via the rear door and go to their classrooms. Anyone arriving after that time will need to come through the office as normal.
At the end of the day please wait outside your child’s classroom for them to be let out. Parents of children in year 4,5 and 6 should wait at the back of the school on the new paved area.
We may have to change arrangements as the refurbishments progress and will keep you posted.
The latest round of parents evenings are the week beginning 4th March. We now have an online booking system via parent mail. This will ‘go live’ on 25th Febraury. Please do book in to see your child’s class teacher and discuss their progress.
For parents of children in Rowling Class there are appointments available for Miss McPherson. This will be more of a meet and greet session, as she will only have known the children for such a short time.
We are delighted to welcome Miss Casey McPherson to our team at St James. She landed in the UK on Tuesday and came into school to meet the children in Rowling Class on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday. After half term Miss McPherson will be teaching Rowling Class full time, with me covering her non-contact time on Friday afternoons. We will also be splitting Rowling Class for Maths, in the same way that we did last year. Miss McPherson will teach year 4 and I will teach year 5. With the expansion we have a spare classroom so that room will become the base for year 5 maths lessons.
Mrs Baker will return to teaching Rosen Class full time, with Mrs Smith covering her non-contact time on Friday afternoons as before.
- Friday 15th February – School Closed for moving
- Monday 25th February – INSET
- Tuesday 26th February – Start of term 4
- Friday 1st March – Book Fair in school
- Week beginning 4th March – Parent Teacher Interviews
- Tuesday 5th March – Ministry of Chocolate visit!
- Thursday 7th March – World Book Day – more details to follow
- Friday 8th March – Hi5 Netball Competition
- Week Beginning 11th March – Science Week
- Tuesday 12th March – Key Steps Gymnastics Competition
- Thursday 14th March – year 3/4 Football
- Friday 15th March – Red Nose Day
- Monday 18th March – Whole School Trip to Winchester Science Museum
- Wednesday 20th March – KAs production, year 6 invited to watch.
- Thursday 21st March – Primary Singing Festival