St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
It has been lovely this week to see the children re-engaging with the entire curriculum after spending time looking at the Oliver Jeffers book ‘Here We Are’ for the first week back. This book was a brilliant way to get the children thinking again after so long away from school and opened up some amazing discussions that may, otherwise not have happened.
With immediate effect, water bottles will be sent home at the end of each day and need to be returned the following day.
The Club@StJames will be running during half term. If you want to book places for your child/children please email the Club. The cost of The Club is: Half day – £18 School Hours – £26 All Day – £35
The cost of school dinners are £2.50 a day. Please make sure that this money is paid in advance through the Parentmail system.
Children in Inkpen, Rosen and Nicols classes are entitled to a free school meal.
This year there are no jacket potatoes available. We are running a bi-weekly menu, copies attached to this newsletter.
The menu for next week:
- Monday – Sweet & Sour chicken, rice & Broccoli (V) Quorn sweet & sour Dessert – Golden Crispy Cake
- Tuesday – Jacket Potatoes, Tuna, Cheese & beans Dessert – Shortbread fingers & mousse
- Wednesday – Roast Turkey dinner & all the fillings (V) Vegetarian Sausage Dessert – Syrup sponge & custard
- Thursday – Meatballs in homemade tomato sauce, pasta & carrots (V) Vegeballs & homemade tomato sauce Dessert- Homemade Carrot Cake
- Friday – Fish, chips & chips and baked beans V) Vegetarian Sausage Roll Dessert – Fruit Jelly
Monday 21st September – Hustings videos shared in Collective Worship
Tuesday 22nd September – Open the Book assembly on the MUGA
Thursday 1st October – Harvest Festival
Friday 9th October – #Hello Yellow
Friday 23rd October – INSET day
Tuesday 3rd November – Start of Term 2