St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
18th September 2019
We are already into the swing of the term and exciting opportunities abound. Last Friday saw Roald Dahl day for the children in year 3. There were some amazing characters on display from Verucca Salt to Mr Twit and many more.
“We dressed up as Roald Dahl characters. I dressed up as Fantastic Mr. Fox and so did two other people. We made a medicine from George’s Marvelous medicine. Next we made Mr. Twit’s beards. I made a disgusting beard. We done this Roald Dahl sheet it was fun we had to think of a character I did my hamster.” by Ronnie
“On Friday we came to school dressed as Roald Dahl characters. I was the muggle-wump monkeys because I get to tape Mr. Twit on the roof! My favourite activity was making a magic potion and we also made Mr. Twit’s beard on a mirror. I loved it.” By Georgia
Inter merit group cross country took place last week. On a hot and sunny Thursday afternoon a very large group of children from KS2 went to the village playing field for this competition. The team work and camaraderie were brilliant to see – well done to everyone involved. From this competition the team for the inter school Cross country was chosen. Good luck to those runners who will be taking part next week.
After school clubs have begun this week. There are still spaces available in some clubs, if your child would like to take part in a club, please contact Janine in the office.
You may have noticed that Theclub@StJames are offering a craft club on Fridays, there are still spaces. You do not need to book for the whole term, why not just try it for a week (£5)?
The Club@StJames will be running childcare during October half term. If you would like to book your child a space, please contact Katherine on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07770166157. Costs are £18 for half a day or £35 for a full day (8.30-17.30). Alternatively you can book for school hours (8.30-15.00) for £25.80.
- Wednesday 18th September – Parents Phonics workshop 6pm
- Tuesday 24th September – Chocolate tombola collection
- Wednesday 25th September – Inter school X country (KS2)
- Friday 27th September – Harvest Festival in church 9.15am (parents welcome)
- Michaelmas Fayre – Saturday 28th September
- Thursday 3rd October – Parents Meeting – Yenworthy
- Friday 4th October – KS2 Inter merit group Tag rugby
- Wednesday 16th October – Year 2 trip to Southampton (Seacity museum)
- Thursday 17th October – Individual Photos
- Friday 18th October – Year 5/6 Tag rugby
- Week beginning 21st October – Year 6 residential
- Friday 25th October – End of term 1
- Monday 4th November – Start of term 2
- Friday 8th November – Boccia
- Week beginning 11th November – Parent Teacher Interviews
- Thursday 14th November – Flu immunisation (All year groups)