St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
Tuesday 1st July 2019
We have had a brilliant week this week with the ‘new look’ sports mornings. Thursday morning saw the whole school competing in the field events at school. We had to change the throwing event this year as the field isn’t currently long enough for the vortex throw, so we replaced this with a chest push using a medicine ball. When all the results were recorded, there were some new school record holders. Today we have had the track events on the village playing field, again as our field isn’t currently big enough. Thank you to Paul Aram who so kindly marked the track for us. Not only were there some outstanding sporting performances across the school, there were also many examples of fantastic teamspirit, determination and perseverance over the course of the morning. I’m sure everyone who watched the children would agree that it was a great morning.
Congratulations to Mrs Quinton on the birth of a bouncing (8lb 13oz) baby boy on Monday 24th June. Both mum and baby Malachy are doing well.
As most of you know we have an open door policy at St James and we are happy to talk to parents about any issues that arise with your children. However, as I’m sure you can appreciate the beginning of the school day is pressured with staff setting up classrooms and getting everything ready for the day. If you need to speak to a member of staff, it would be better if a convenient time was arranged through the office for after school. Any urgent issues can be dealt with quickly before school, but for longer discussions please book after school times. Don’t forget class Dojo can also be used for quick questions.
We had an amazing two days at Hill End last week. The weather was kind to us and the children all enjoyed the variety of activities on offer. Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make the two days a success.
We have been lucky enough to secure funding from East and West Hanney Parish Councils, Hanney Parochial Fund and also Wantage Lions. This money has been used to support the set of The Club@St James.
- Friday 28th June – Sports Morning
- Sunday 7th July – Summer Fayre
- Wednesday 10th July – Open Afternoon 4 – 6pm Everyone welcome to come and look around school
- Tuesday 16th July – Year 1 trip to Crocodile World
- Wednesday 17th July – The Greatest Show – year 3 parents invited from 2.30pm
- Thursday 18th July – Year 6 Leavers party
- Friday 19th July – Year 4/5/6 production (Change of date)
- Tuesday 23rd July – Leavers Service in Church
- Tuesday 23rd July – Rowling Class Poetry recital 9.00am
- Wednesday 24th July – End of term 6 12.15pm
- Weeks beginning: 29/07, 05/08, 12/08 and 19/08 – Childcare is available in school. If you are interested please contact Katherine on email@example.com to book your child’s place