St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
Wednesday 20th March 2019
It has only been a few weeks since I last wrote a newsletter but there has been so much going on in school. We have been to three different sporting events. In the netball two teams from St James competed superbly and it was lovely to receive an email from a parent who helped to transport saying how polite the children were and a real credit to their parents and the school. One team in this event won their way through to the semi final where they beat Stockham and then into the final. Here we met Standford again and were beaten, but we are through to the next round. In the gymnastics a team of 15 pupils took part and again it was a pleasure to be a part of their excitement. The team were placed 5th out of 11 schools. Finally, a group of year 3/4 children took part in the football competition at Chandlings School. Despite the wind, they battled valiantly and were delightful with their sporting attitude to the games played. Well done to everyone who has been involved.
Science Week has been an exciting time in school. There have been a variety of activities and events for the children to get involved in. Thank you to everyone who has sent us a ‘Science Selfie’! Classes in KS2 all had a box of experiments from The Curiosity Box. These gave us all the resources needed for the children to conduct experiments on a particular subject. There was so much excitement and fantastic team work going on in school as these were carried out. Thank you to the Friends of St James, who kindly donated the funds for us to be able to purchase these boxes. Science week came to a finale with a whole school trip to Winchester Science Museum. This was an amazing day for everyone involved, there were some very tired but happy children on the coaches on the way home. I know many children left saying they wanted to return. Thanks you to Mrs Wolton for organising this trip, no mean feat when there are so many people going.
Hanney WI are holding a coffee morning to help us to raise funds for equipment in the new library. As a part of this there is a competition for children to design a book cover. Entry forms will be emailed to you early next week.
- Monday 18th March – Whole School Trip to Winchester Science Museum
- Tuesday 19th March – Year 5/6 Boccia
- Wednesday 20th March – KAs production, year 6 invited to watch.
- Thursday 21st March – Primary Singing Festival
- Wednesday 27th March – Year 5/6 swimming competition
- Tuesday 2nd April – Easter Service in Church. 2.20pm parents welcome
- Thursday 4th April – Girls Rugby competition
- Thursday 4th April – Year 2 and 3 Dance workshop
- Friday 5th April – End of term 12.15pm
- Tuesday 23rd April – Start of term 5
- Wednesday 24th April – Closing date for Book cover competition
- Week beginning 13th May – Year 6 SATs