St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
22nd January 2019
A group of children spent an amazing day at the Young Voices Concert yesterday. To be a part of the biggest school choir concert in the world is an experience they will not forget.
Looking for childcare this half term or the Inset day? Karibuni is open all week at Hanney Primary School and children 3-11 are welcome. We still have spaces at the moment. 8.30am-6pm £36, 8.30am-12.30pm £18, 12.00pm-6pm £24. Lunch included. Book here: https://goo.gl/forms/lvGdqRcxT0hhDRg53 or drop in and talk to Paul or Katherine if you’ve not used us before.
If your child is absent from school please either email or phone the school office. If we have not heard from you by 9.30am we will phone and email to ascertain why your child is away from school. If we cannot make contact with you or any of the other named contacts on your child’s records, we will contact the poice and ask them to carry out a welfare check.
As the build progresses we realise that there are lots of vehicles parked on the road. We are working with the construction company to move the vehicles off of the road in order to keep congestion to a minimum. We thank you for your patience as we move towards completion. Of course parking at the village hall is always the best option.
It is lovely to have volunteers for Forest School but please remember that in line with our safeguarding policy, mobile phones are not permitted at Forest School.
We have headlice in school again. Please make sure you check your child’s hair regularly and treat as necessary. Please make sure that long hair is ALWAYS tied up.
- Wednesday 30th January – Weighing and measuring FS and yr 6
- Thursday 31st January – Yr 5/6 Sportshall Athletics
- Friday 1st February – KS2 Inter merit group Netball competition
- Tuesday 5th February – Safer Internet Day
- Thursday 7th February – Yr5/6 Girls rugby 1-3pm
- Wednesday 13th February – Yr 3 Art Gallery (pm)
- Wednesday 13th Year 1 Cotswold Wildlife Park trip
- Thursday 14th February – Yr 6 Fab finish 2.50pm
- Monday 25th February – INSET
- Tuesday 26th February – Start of term 4
- Friday 1st March – Book Fair in school
- Week beginning 4th March – Parent Teacher Interviews
- Tuesday 5th March – Ministry of Chocolate visit!
- Thursday 7th March – World Book Day – more details to follow
- Friday 8th March – Hi5 Netball Competition
- Week Beginning 11th March – Science Week
- Tuesday 12th March – Key Steps Gymnastics Competition
- Thursday 14th March – year 3/4 Football
- Friday 15th March – Red Nose Day
- Thursday 21st March – Primary Singing Festival