St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
25th May 2018
The end of term is in sight. It has been lovely over recent days to see better weather, the children are enjoying the fact that we can get outside more and enjoy our super grounds.
We had a fantastic result at the Rounders tournament last week. St James had 3 teams in this competition and we had a really successful afternoon. Of the three teams we only suffered one defeat which meant that by the end of the afternoon when the results were announced we were delighted to hear that we were placed fourth, third and first. The trophy was broken on the morning of the competition, but I am assured that we will shortly be receiving a replacement. Well done to everyone who took part, but especially to Charlie R and Naomi who gallantly stood in at the last moment.
We have an increasing number of children who are bringing snacks into school which are not appropriate. A bag of maltesers or crisps is not an appropriate snack for break time. Not only do we see an increase in the litter about school, but also a deterioration in behaviour. Please send your child with a snack consisting of fruit or vegetables to keep them going until lunchtime.
Thank you to everyone who came and supported the Roald Dahl Class museum and stone age day on Wednesday. The children all looked amazing and were delighted to be able to share their work with so many parents and carers.
Year 2 were lucky enough to enjoy an African drumming workshop with Mr Campbell yesterday. The school was thrumming with the sounds all afternoon.
Year 5 enjoyed a brilliant trip to Wantage museum on Wednesday to finish off their topic on Anglo-Saxons. The children enjoyed dressing up as Anglo Saxons and handling the artefacts, making friendship bracelets and listening to an amazing story teller. It was lovely to receive an email from the education leader at the museum commenting on the children’s enthusiasm and desire to learn. Well done Year 5.
- Friday 25th May – End of term 5
- Monday 4th June – Start of term 6
- Friday 8th June – Yr 5/6 cricket
- Tuesday 19th June – Whole School Trip – Hill End
- Friday 22nd June – out of uniform day in return for an item for the bottle tombola
- Friday 29th June – Sports Morning and picnic lunch (parents welcome)
- Saturday 30th June – Summer Fete
- Thursday 5th July – Transfer day
- Friday 13th July – Reports to parents
- Thursday 19th July – Year 5/6 production matinee and evening performance
- Monday 23rd July – Leavers Service 2.15 in church
- Wednesday 25th July – End of term 12.15pm