St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
28th September 2018
We have had such a busy time in school recently it is hard to know where to begin! Year 1 and 2 were lucky enough to have a ride on a vintage London bus on Thursday to tie in with their Naughty Bus topic. This opportunity was offered free of charge by Nostalgia Travel. Please can an eye out for more pictures in the Hanney News November edition.
Our visit to the Roald Dahl Museum On Monday 17th September, the whole class went to the Roald Dahl Museuam in Aylesbury. We went on a fantastic coach and I sat next to Annabel. When we sat on the coach me and Annabel played eye spy but Annabel’s words were very tricky indeed! When we arrived, we walked through the churchyard and entered the museum through large, black gates. Then we unloaded our bags (mine was a big bag with lots of animals on it). In the morning workshop I went into Fantastic Mr Fox’s tunnel and found some bones, a badger and some animals. Then I went into the giant peach and looked at all the interesting bugs. I also went into Matilda’s library and found the very scary chokey. Next my group went upstairs- when I looked up I saw the twits house. It was really funny because it was on the ceiling. I loved all the mirrors (that were optical illusions). Finally I went in the Great glass elevator and as we went down I saw the moon, Charlie Bucket and then finally earth. Then it was lunchtime. After lunch we had time in the shop and to explore the rest of the museum before we set off back to school… By Leah
- Friday 28th September – KS2 Inter School Cross Country DATE CHANGE
- Monday 1st October – Oxford Homeless Charity Visit Shakespeare Class
- Tuesday 9th October – Harvest Festival 2pm in Church (parents welcome)
- Thursday 11th October – KA’s Open Evening West Site 4.30 – 8.00pm
- Wednesday 17th October – Parents Story Telling Roald Dahl Class 3.15pm
- Wednesday 17th October – Nichols Class Art Gallery
- Thursday 18th October – Fab Finish Science Fayre Rowling Class 3.00pm
- Friday 19th October – Class Photos Friday 19th October – End of Term 1
- Wednesday 31st October – Start of term 2
Thank you to everyone who contributed chocolate for the Michaelmas Fayre stall. The collection was very impressive.
There are still places in many of the after school clubs. Please contact the office if your child would like to attend one of these.
If you think your child may be eligible for Pupil Premium funding an application form can be downloaded from the website or speak to Janine in the office.