St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
2nd March 2020
Welcome back to term 4. I hope you have all had a restful break and are
ready for an exciting term ahead. We have begun this term with Prayer
space being set up in the library. Over the course of last week all children
in school got an opportunity to take part in the activities in prayer space.
Thank you to Rev Alec and his army of helpers for enabling this to go
Well done to the seven boys who took part in the inter school football competition last Wednesday. They represented the school brilliantly with
one win, two draws and a loss in the group stages which meant we finished third in our group. Well done boys.
New glockenspiels arrived in school courtesy of the fund raising efforts of Alison Doyle and Infinium
The catering team are looking for feedback on the meals provided in school. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey below.
Thank you to Mr Ethelston who came in to school and spoke to Year 2 about Nelson Mandela to begin their new topic.
• Tuesday 3rd March – Shakespeare Class trip to STEAM
• Thursday 5th March – World Book Day
• Friday 6th March – Inter School Hi 5 competition (Yr5/6)
• Friday 13th March – School Disco
• Saturday 14th March – Tree planting (see FoSJ newsletter)
• Thursday 19th March – Mother Day Shop (See FoSJ newsletter)
• Friday 20th March – Inkpen Class sight test
• Week beginning 23rd March – Parent Teacher Interviews
• Thursday 26th March – Rowling Class trip to Roman Baths
• Thursday 26th March – VAT Singing Festival
• Friday 27th March – KS trip to Sheldonian Theatre
• Monday 30th March – Irock Concert
• Friday 3rd April – Easter Service in Church 11am
• Friday 3rd April – End of term 4 (12.15pm)
• Monday 20th April – Start of term 5