Respect Perseverance Trust
3rd November 2017
Welcome back to what promises to be an exciting and busy half term. We have already begun new topics and the children are excited to see what each teacher has planned for them.
Children in Rowling class all enjoyed their 1940’s dressing up day, everyone entered into the spirit of the day. The children were surprised at how strict teachers were, but quickly got the hang of answering ‘Yes Miss’ to all requests! Gas mask boxes were made and carried around all day – even to the park.
Thank you to those parents who came to the ‘Helping your Child with Maths Evening’. The feedback I have had has been positive and we have had a request for a further evening on English and SPaG. I hope that further evenings attract a higher attendance.
Parent Teacher Interviews are the week beginning Monday 13th November. Sign up sheets are available in the classrooms or outside the office. Please do take this opportunity to talk to your child’s class teacher about their progress. If you do not drop off or pick up please contact the office and we will make an appointment for you.
Congratulations to Shakespeare Class who raised the magnificent sum of £93 via their cake sale at the end of term for the Oxford Homeless Charity.
I am aware that some children know the code to enter school. Whilst we do change the codes periodically we do ask the children not to use them to let themselves into the building. I would like to ask that parents also do not use the codes to enter the building – please use the buzzer and wait to be let in.
- Monday 6th November – Roald Dahl Class open afternoon 3.20pm
- Wednesday 8th November – Roald Dahl Class trip to Warwick Castle
- Thursday 9th November – Open Maths Lesson. Join your child’s class for part of a maths lesson to see how we teach this subject.
- Week beginning 13th November – Parent Teacher Interviews
- Saturday 25th November – Christmas Fayre
- Tuesday 28th November – Yenworthy Parents meeting – 3.20pm
- Tuesday 5th December – Inkpen and Rosen Class trip to Sutton Courtenay
- Week beginning 11 December – Yr 6 residential Yenworthy
- Wednesday 13th December – Nichols Class Open Afternoon 3.20pm
- Thursday 14th December – Rowling Class Open Morning 9.15am
- Monday 18th December – School Christmas Lunch.
- * Monday 18th December – Christingle Service in Church – 4.00pm. Change of Time
- * Tuesday 19th December – Foundation Stage/Yr1 Nativity 11.30pm, change of date.
- Tuesday 19th December – End of term 2, 12.15pm
- Wednesday 3rd January – INSET day
- Thursday 4th January – Start of Term 3