St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
4th September 2019
Welcome back to what I’m sure will be another exciting year at St James. As you will have seen we still have builders on-site and they will be with us until the end of September. We will continue to work as normally as we can whilst they are with us, but there will inevitably be some disruption – I would like to thank you in advance for your patience at this time. St James continues to grow as a school and this year we welcome 37 new children to the school. I’m sure it won’t be long before they feel that they are really a part of our community.
There is an opportunity today to meet class teachers after school today. This is a quick and informal opportunity for you to meet your child’s class teacher and to see the class room your child will be working in. A more formal parents evening will be held in the week beginning 11th November 2019.
I would like to take the opportunity to welcome Miss Steph Archer to our team at St James. Steph will be working as a member of support staff in Year 2. Mrs Wolton will also be taking on a new role as Assistant Headteacher. In my absence, she will be stepping up and may make decisions usually left to me.
The school day begins at 8.50am each day. Gates open at 8.45am and children can come into school from this time. It is important that children are on time for school as this enables us to have a calm and purposeful start to the day. The school day finishes at 3.20pm. The gate will be opened at 3.15pm and parents wait outside class rooms for children to be dismissed. Parents of children in Year 5 and 6 need to wait at the front of the school as children will be coming out of the classroom door here.
The cost of school dinners has risen to £2.50 a day. Please make sure that this money is paid in advance through the Parentmail system. Children in Inkpen, Rosen and Nicols classes are entitled to a free school meal.
I enjoyed meeting the buddies this morning and starting in Year 6. Meri, Year 6
My teachers are different this year! I loved having Mrs Smith this morning. Harrison, Year 2
I enjoyed the activities we did this morning. Atti, Year 5
- Wednesday 4th September – Meet the teacher
- Monday 9th September – Shakespeare Class trip to Stratford
- Wednesday 11th September – Year 4 swimming begins
- Thursday 12th September – Inter merit group X country
- Week beginning 16th September – Clubs begin
- Wednesday 18th September – Parents Phonics workshop 6pm
- Wednesday 25th September – Inter school X country (KS2)
- Friday 27th September – Harvest Festival in church 9.15am (parents welcome)
- Thursday 3rd October – Parents Meeting – Yenworthy
- Friday 4th October – KS2 Inter merit group Tag rugby
- Friday 18th October – Year 5/6 Tag rugby
- Week beginning 21st October – Year 6 residential
- Friday 25th October – End of term 1
- Monday 4th November – Start of term 2