St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
Tuesday 5th February 2019
A group of children from Years 5 and 6 (and Naomi from year 4) took part in the indoor athletics on Thursday. This was the first event to be held in the new KAs sports hall and what a great venue it is. All of the children ran, jumped and to the best of their ability and we were delighted to be placed third out of nine schools. Well done to everyone who took part.
We thought it would be useful if parents knew the levels that children should be at for both CLIC Challenges and Learn its. Below are the levels that children should be achieving during each year group. Whilst we recognise that for some year groups at St James, we haven’t been doing these challenges for all their time, many children are below the national average.
Our aim is for every child to move three Learn it or CLIC challenge in one year
- Foundation – CLICs and Learn it’s 1,2,3
- Year 1 – CLICs and Learn its 4,5,6
- Year 2 CLICs and Learn its – 7,8,9
- Year 3 CLICs and learn its – 10,11,12
- Year 4 CLICs and learn its – 13,14,15
- Year 5 CLICs – 16,17,18 and ultimate learn it
- Year 6 – All learn its should have been completed, CLIC challenge 19 and 20
Sheets are completed in school and then sent home so that you can support your child with any mistakes they may have made. Please do ask the class teacher if you need any ideas or help.
We celebrate children who have beaten their score in class, rather than children who get full marks. This celebration could continue at home.