Half term will shortly be with us and although it has only been a short term, I know the children are all looking forwards to a week off. I hope you all have a peaceful and restful week and we look forward to seeing everyone back in school on Tuesday 20th February.
A group of children took part in the Wantage area sportshall athletics on Thursday. Twenty two children from school, proudly wore their St James T shirts and represented us. Again mixed fortunes were had by the competitors but they all enjoyed themselves and were pleased to be awarded a certificate for competing. Congratulations to everyone who took part.
As you will be aware we are beginning a new system for ordering school dinners after half term. You will no longer be given a weekly menu but we ask that you use the menu you have received to discuss with your child what meal they would like. They will be asked in the morning when the class teacher takes the register what they would like to order.
On a similar note, if you have something that needs handing in to the office, please put it in your child’s book bag. They will then give it to their class teacher who will pass it to the office. It is hoped that by doing this we can alleviate the traffic jam in the entrance hall that seems to have become a feature most days.
You may recall that a code of conduct was sent home recently for both you and your child to sign. Please ask your child to sign this, then sign it yourself and return to the office if you have not already done so.
Karibuni at Half Term
We are open over the February half term and Inset day (Mon 19th) if you need holiday childcare. All day £32, AM £16, PM £20. Lunch and snacks provided. Email email@example.com or call Ruth on 07948 293034.
If your child is not going to be in school please contact the office either by phone or email by 9.30am
- Week Beginning 5th February – Book Fair in School
- Tuesday 6th February – Safer Internet Afternoon
- Thursday 8th February – Roald Dahl Class Assembly and art gallery – 2.45pm
- Thursday 8th February – Keeping your child safe online presentation 3.20pm
- Thursday 8th February – Yr6 Viking Day
- Friday 9th February – Stay and Play Inkpen Class
- Friday 9th February – end of term 3
- Tuesday 20th February – Start of term 4
- Friday 2nd March – Hi5 competition
- Week beginning 5th March – Parent teacher Interviews
- Thursday 8th March – year 3/4 – Bisi badminton
- Friday 9th March – Non Uniform day in return for a raffle prize for the Quiz night.
- Tuesday 13th March – Key Steps Gymnastics
- Saturday 16th March – Quiz Night 8.00pm in school
- Tuesday 27th March – Non Uniform day in return for Easter Eggs
- Wednesday 28th March – Easter Service 2.30pm St James Church
- Thursday 29th March – Easter Egg raffle
- Thursday 29th March – End of term 4 12.15pm