St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
7 th December 2018
This term seems to be running away with us and before we know it Christmas will be here. We have two weeks of school left and they are sure to be filled with lots of exciting activities for your children.
A huge thank you to everyone who attended the film night on Friday. An amazing £250 was raised for the Children’s Hospital at the John Radcliffe, I am sure the children who are there over the festive period will appreciate our efforts. Thank you to Mrs Wolton, who’s idea it was in the first place.
Year 6 enjoyed an amazing week at Woodlands Outdoor Education Centre last week. This centre is based in the Brecon Beacons and offered the children a chance to try out new experiences and to really challenge themselves with exciting activities. The weather was typically wet and windy, but the children didn’t seem to mind and everyone took part in everything on offer – from Mountain Walking to caving, orienteering to zip wires. A tiring week but one that they will remember for a long time. Pictures will be added to the website and if any parents of children in year 6 would like a copy of the photos that were taken please send a suitbale storage device into school and we can do this for you. We are now busy planning the residential for next year!
The Friends of St James Christmas Fayre is nearly upon us. If you are able to help on a stall – even if only for half an hour do please let us know. All of the money raised goes directly into providing the children at St James as many exciting opportunities as possible.
A gentle reminder that the school day starts at 8.50 and finishes at 3.20pm. If you are going to be late at pick up please make sure you let the office know, but please be aware that there are times when staff need to leave school promptly at the end of the day to attend meetings and may not, therefore be around to supervise children.
I would like to remind parents that if you are unhappy with some that is happening or has happened in school, to come and talk to us to try to resolve the issue. Social media is not the appropriate platform to air concerns if you want a resolution.
Please make sure that you take your child’s PE kit home over the Christmas break to wash it. The field and MUGA are quite muddy at the moment and some sports kit is beginning to look slightly worse for wear!
- Tuesday 11th December – yr 1 Fab Finish
- Thursday 13th December – Christmas Lunch
- Friday 14th December – yr6 Fab finish. Parents please join us to see what we have been up to from 2.45pm
- Saturday 15th December – Friends of St James Christmas Fayre
- Monday 17th December – Yr5 Fab finish – Roman Day. Parents please join us to see what we have been up to from 2.45pm
- Thursday 20th December – Christingle Service in church 2.00pm Parents Welcome.
- Friday 21st December – FS and yr 1 Christmas
- Friday 21st December – End of Term 2 12.15pm
- Monday 7th January – INSET Day
- Tuesday 8th January – Start of term 3