St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
8th June 2018
Welcome back to the final term of the academic year. We have lots planned for the next 6 weeks and we look forward to seeing lots of people in school as we showcase the ‘Fab Finishes’ classes have planned.
Yet more sporting events have taken place over the last few weeks. We have had teams complete in the year 3/4 Quad Kids, year 5/6 Quad kids and most recently the girls and boys cricket competitions.
We are hopeful for good weather this term and have decided that, unless it is raining, children having packed lunch will eat outside on the field and all school dinners will eat at 12 o’clock in the hall. In this way everyone should have eaten by 12.30 and children should get a longer time to play. Obviously if we have any inclement weather days we will have to revert to two sittings in the hall.
The Friends of St James are busy planning the summer fete on Saturday 30th June. Raffles tickets will be coming home soon in book bags so please look out for them. Also there is an out of uniform day on Friday 22nd June in return for an item for the tombola stall.
A quick reminder about school uniform. Children should wear black shoes or trainers for the classroom. Brightly coloured trainers are fine for PE lessons but not for the classroom please. As the weather becomes warmer children may choose to wear shorts, please make sure that they are an appropriate length for the school setting!
A group of teachers are completing a 26 mile walk this weekend as a part of the MacMillan Mighty Hike. If you would like to sponsor us we’d be happy to relieve you of some money!
I have had to clear dog mess from the school field this week. Please do not exercise your dog on the field and if you see someone doing this please let me know so that I can deal with it.
- Monday 11th June – Yr2 trip to Fitzwarryn
- Tuesday 19th June – Whole School Trip – Hill End
- Wednesday 20th June – Ultimate Frisbee competition
- Friday 22nd June – out of uniform day in return for an item for the bottle tombola
- Friday 29th June – Sports Morning and picnic lunch (parents welcome)
- Saturday 30th June – Summer Fete
- Thursday 5th July – Transfer day
- Thursday 12th July – yr 2 poetry performance for parents (9.00am)
- Friday 13th July – Reports to parents
- Tuesday 17th July – Yr 6 Fab Finish
- Wednesday 18th July – Roald Dahl Class Talent Show
- Thursday 19th July – Year 5/6 production matinee and evening performance
- Monday 23rd July – Leavers Service 2.15 in church
- Tuesday 24th July – Yr1 Bog Baby Picnic
- Wednesday 25th July – End of term 12.15pm