St James Primary School Newsletter
Respect Perseverance Trust
Friday 1st March 2019
Welcome back to Term 4. The weather has been amazing for the first part of the week and the children have been able to make the most of the new play equipment at the back of the school and the all-weather table tennis tables – if you haven’t been around the back do take a look at pick up time.
The children and staff are settling in to their new classrooms and getting used to having more space. The light and airy rooms are a pleasure to go into, so once again do have a look at pick up time.
The refurbishment of the main building and front car park has started and we look forward to seeing this develop over the next few weeks.
I will try to keep you up to date with photos as it progresses.
So far the wall between the old staff room and year 2 has been removed to leave a large space we will be developing into a library, and the old foundation stage classroom has been gutted.
This is a very busy term, with a variety of events and activities for the children to take part in, please keep an eye on newsletters and parent mail to keep up to date.
- Monday 4th March – Book Fair in school
- Week beginning 4th March – Parent Teacher Interviews
- Tuesday 5th March – Ministry of Chocolate visit – Rowling Class
- Tuesday 5th March – Prayer Space in school
- Thursday 7th March – World Book Day – more details to follow
- Friday 8th March – Hi5 Netball Competition
- Week Beginning 11th March – Science Week
- Tuesday 12th March – Key Steps Gymnastics Competition
- Thursday 14th March – year 3/4 Football
- Friday 15th March – Red Nose Day
- Monday 18th March – Whole School Trip to Winchester Science Museum
- Wednesday 20th March – KAs production, year 6 invited to watch.
- Thursday 21st March – Primary Singing Festival
- Tuesday 2nd April – Easter Service in Church. 2.20pm parents welcome
- Friday 5th April – End of term 12.15pm