Welcome to Shakespeare Class – Year 6
Class Teachers: Miss Dade
Spring Term 2
This term we will be studying the old epic tale of Beowulf. We will be looking at different versions of the story including visual versions as well as the version by Michael Morpurgo.
Throughout this unit we will be writing character and setting descriptions
In Maths we are extending our knowledge of angles in shapes and working out the missing angles using this knowledge.
Our focus for Science this term is animals including humans and specifically looking at the circulatory system.
- identify and name the main parts of the human circulatory system
- describe the function of the heart, blood vessels and blood
- discuss the impact of diet, exercise, drugs and life style on health
- describe the ways in which nutrients and water are transported in animals, including humans.
Our Big Question
Our big questions this term is ‘Were the Vikings always vicious and victorious?’
We will be answering these questions:
- Who were the Vikings?
- How did the Vikings fight?
- What was life like in Viking Britain?
- What happened to the Anglo-Saxons and Vikings?
- Why did the Vikings come to Britain and how did they make the journey?
Please see our topic web for more information
Any website links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by St James CE School of any of the products, services or opinions. St James CE School bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Please contact us if a link fails to work or takes you to a site that you would not expect.