Mrs Janice Peacock – Head Teacher
At St James School we are committed to creating an environment that facilitates learning, where high expectations of teaching and learning are set, good quality resources are provided, parental involvement is encouraged and parents are regularly informed about pupil progress. Our intention is to provide an education for your child that is both exciting and challenging.
Vale Academy Trust
Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at Parish and Diocesan level.
The school strives to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
Our aims are:
- to make the school a welcoming, secure place, where learning is meaningful and relevant
- to provide a broad and balanced curriculum which encourages children to fulfil their potential
- to create a happy and secure environment that fosters individual responsibility and confidence
- to nurture links with the local and wider community
- to ensure effective and efficient use of resources in order to provide the highest possible standard of education
- to encourage each child to respect and care for themselves, other people and their environment
- to support children in developing as independent learners and taking more responsibility for their own learning.